Named after the former Franciscan convent of Our Lady of Traffic or Mejorada of XVII century. The convent was built between 1624 and 1640 this building is adjacent to another major colonial building, The Headquarters of The Dragon Cavalry, former headquarter of the military garrison of Merida, today Musical Initiation Child Center. Among the XIX and XX centuries, during the henequen boom of Yucatan, in this neighborhood were located the main shredders, as well as workshops and support equipment for the henequen Haciendas.
The Plaza of Mejorada is one of the quietest and most beautiful parks in the city, but in the late XIX century was one with the most intense activity, not only by the presence of the General Hospital, located then in the Franciscan convent, now the Faculty of Architecture of the Autonomous University, but especially for being occupied by the railroad station to Progreso. The continuous traffic of freight cars (carros de carga), carrying the henequen or the number of people heading to the station or hospital, cheered and gave this plaza a very special atmosphere.
The Mejorada still retains two of the three arches that gave protection and division to the city from the wild land, the Dragon and the Bridge.
The suite has:
King size bed, plasma TV, telephone, wireless internet, alarm clock with iPod dock, minibar, safe deposit box, air conditioning, bath robe, slippers, exclusive bath amenities, hair dryer and umbrella.